Knowing your USP and being able to put it into words is a big challenge for many SME businesses.
It’s fundamental to increasing the conversion rate of ALL your online marketing – from your website to you social media posts.
Not having your USP sorted – and expressed in terms of your customers’ needs, wants and problems – can mean you spend an awful lot of money for very little customer engagement.
If you’re prepared to invest in a good, strategic marketing consultant, then they can help you to work it out.
The challenge is to find the right provider. A lot of people who call themselves “digital marketers” will still expect you to have put your value proposition into words.
You could also sneak up on it through content
Sitting down and trying to do write your USP in one hit is HARD!!!
- You have a series of blog posts on your website to boost your SEO over time.
- When you have posts then you can ask for specific feedback from colleagues and friends.
- And after you’ve applied the feedback then you have social media content.
- Over time, you will clarify your value proposition IF you keep your focus on answering “How does my CUSTOMER benefit?”
- You can do the job in small chunks – which is a lot less overwhelming.
And of course, if writing doesn’t come naturally to you, you could book a series of speed-blogging sessions with me =)
Which has the added advantage of fun conversations and an expansion pack for your brain.